Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

So there are always some words that no one wants to hear their significant other say.  A few of those are "car wreck" and "highway".  I got to hear those and some others from Spence on Friday!  Despite the fact that he was obviously fine (he was on the phone) I immediately went into super duper freak out mode and was having a heart attack. Once I calmed down and he assured me he was not hurt and the car was not totalled I calmed down.  
So Friday night we took it easy, I went out for a drink with a co worker. 
Snickers Martini, OMG I had no idea anything tasted this good.



Then Spence and I headed out for dinner at a sports grill by our house.
Afterwards we headed over to a friends apt to hang out for a bit before calling it  night. 


Spence, unscathed by the car wreck earlier in the night.  *Thank God*

We got some stuffed mushrooms as an app, they were pretty good, but I have to say, mine are better!


A very cheesy pasta dish, I was not expecting so much cheese.  But if you know me you know I was not going to complain!


The server forgot to bring me my soup with my meal, she felt bad so she gave me a quart to take home.  *SCORE*
Saturday morning was "housework overload Saturday" at our house.  I woke up early and cleaned the inside of the house (deep cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms and floors etc) while Spence mowed.  Then we tackled some of the bigger projects on the outside, the gutters and mulching the front and side of the house. 



This is 3 yrs worth of leaves from the side (only the side) of the house.  I swear to you we spent at least a week raking in the fall.  The trees are out of control!


less than a years worth of leaves from the front of the house. 


Spencer getting up to clean the gutters.  This was long, long overdue.


There *may* have been some tree saplings I chose to ignore that now need to go away, all but one we were able to uproot (like how I say "we" when its obvious I am not helping, I'm just taking pictures?) and one we are just hoping doesn't come back.....The one that survived is the one you can see on the right side of this pic, its about 7 feet tall.....
*George is eating plants in the foreground.  George likes to eat plants, we arent sure why....


The side of the house all mulched and pretty.  This area took 5 bags of mulch, and will probably need a few more!

Later that night we had friends over for a cookout, it was the perfect way to end the day.  Just the right amount of fun and work to balance each other out!


Sunday was Easter!  We met my family up at church for service, which was great. Then we had brunch at my parents house before heading to see Spencer's family for a few hours.  After all that family togetherness coupled with the EXTREME sorness that lugging some 40lb bags of top soil and massive bags of mulch the day before we parked it on the couch and were bums for the rest of the day.

I hope everyone had an excellent Easter weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your Spencer is okay!! Car accidents are so scary. OH and PS Snickers Martini? Yum

    ReplyDelete