Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

Since we spent a good portion of last week cleaning and organizing it was decided that this weekend would be a good time to relax.  Well, relax and for Julia to work her 2nd job on both Friday and Saturday.  Super relaxing. 
Friday night I got off work at 10pm, drove home, walked in the house and waved at Spence (who was on the phone w a friend) proceeded to the bedroom and went to bed.  Yup, I didn't even say hi to my husband before crashing. 

Woke up on Saturday and headed on over to Nike and worked till 5.  Left Nike and drove home.  We decided to head out to the drive in theatre that night to enjoy the spring weather before it gets too hot to be out there with no AC!  The movie was a double feature of Scre4m and Sucker Punch.  Anyone who has seen the previews for these movies should be aware they are not exactly "child friendly".  And yet, somehow the playground at the front of the theatre was PACKED with small children after the end of the Scre4m!  Um, I was uncomfortable with some of the stuff in the movie, I was pretty convinced I was going to end up with nightmares after some of the blood and guts screaming we saw, I have no idea how a 4 or 6 year old was doing!  And for the record, Sucker Punch is also not kid friendly!  Scantily clad girls gyrating and then killing people is not OK for small children!  That being said, I had zero expectations for Sucker Punch (and frankly close to zero expectations for Scre4m) so I was surprised that I liked the movies as much as I did.  We'll totally be going back to the Boulevard drive in this year!

From the car before the movie started, the drive in was PACKED let me tell you.

Sunday we got up and went to church, and then I entered a zone called "Julia has decided not to get off the couch for any reason that does not involve a fire".  Now, you may think this means I didn't need food, water or the occasional beer during this time.  It doesn't.  It just means that I asked Spence to get anything and everything I thought I needed for me.  This did not amuse Spence.  I think the only relief he got was when he went for his daily run! 

He came back looking like this......


 

Later that night we headed out to Tanners to meet friends for dinner.  We ended up staying for a few rounds of musical Bingo!  The first round was 70's disco which without the "sound hound" app we would have been horribly lost on, but the second was good 'ol pop music.  Awesome.  Although we did not win any of the rounds we've decided we'll be back again for this event!


My card at the start of round 2

This is where we got to on "blackout" before another person won.....SO CLOSE!

*I discovered the "instagram" app for photos and used it on the drive in photo and on the one of Spence, pretty fun right?!?  I know I'm late to the party, cause this has been around forever, but I think its super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment