Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

C25K

I'm starting C25K.  For the 2nd time.  When I posted earlier in the year/last year about running the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Disney World I ran into a pretty big wall when it came to training.  The wall was known as my knee.  I ended up at my GP and the chiro several times because it seemed like no matter what I did/tried to do my knee would just swell up and keep being sore.  
I have come to realize that probably I jumped into the deep end too quickly and my body was not prepared for the amount of miles/speed I was trying to run.  So I've decided it would be beneficial for me to ease my body into a running routine.  
For years I've had a love hate relationship with running.  Actually, I take that back.  I have never had a love relationship with running, except for about 6 months in 2004.  At that time I was studying abroad and we would walk 75 miles a weekend with our hiking backpacks on (about 40 lbs) and I was in the best shape of my life.  Running was a natural extension of that activity level and I would jog about 5 miles a day when we weren't travelling.  That all ended when I fractured my leg horseback riding and wasn't able to jog more than a half mile without codeine.  
So I'm committed to the C25K program.  Here's hoping that I can follow through on it, I have terrible follow through on workouts.....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    My husband used the C25k program twice and he really liked it! My tip is to bribe yourself to get on the treadmill by watching a fun show like Gossip Girl (so you really want to know what happens, so you HAVE to workout again!)

    ReplyDelete