Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Pee Water and the Devil Tried to Steal My Joy

Guys, yesterday was rough. 

I woke up (just a little late for work) stumbled into the bathroom;  like most people I had to relieve my bladder after being asleep for several hours....... so I took care of all that and (again like *most* people do) flushed the toilet.  Which went in the wrong direction.  Pee water flowed all over the floor and simply would not stop.  OMG.  OMG.  I was SO not awake yet, and I choose to believe that my dazed stupor was the reason no rational thoughts came to me.  I stood there for probably a good 30 seconds and just stared.  Then I frantically called Spencer (at work no less) to freak out.  ---still no cleaning has happened--  I blurt out my morning OMG moment and then ask frantically "whatshouldIdoOMG" and he replied with the most magical words "get a towel".  Smartest Man Ever.  I hightailed it into the hall bathroom and grabbed like 4 towels, because if 1 towel was a good idea 4 should be amazing.  So I mopped up all the pee water, except the water that soaked into the carpet just outside the bathroom.  I did the best I could on that.....(which is gross to me now and I haven't stepped on that part of carpet since...) 
I hurried up and took my shower and then rushed around the house taking care of the dog and running out the door since I was now like 30 minutes late for work. 

I have a secret.  I am not a morning person.  In any shape or form, I am just not.  At the best of times I am taciturn, and lethargic until about 9am.  This special morning wake up call of pee water did not help that.

All day yesterday I felt like there was nothing I could do to work myself back into a good mood!  Work was one of those days where I felt like my to-do list never moved, customer questions seemed inane and I bit my tongue to keep from telling them that (not my usual attitude toward our insureds I promise).  By the time I left work I called Spencer and informed him that the pee water and the devil stole my joy.  He laughed a little and said to hurry home.

I pulled in the driveway and was greeted by Spence and our dog, Spence immediately wrapped me in one of his hugs (I love his hugs) and just held me for a good 3 minutes.  and you know what?  I felt my joy coming back!  My parents came over for dinner last night, we had some projects we needed my dad and his tools for, and I wanted my moms opinion on what to do with now mostly empty storage room.  I made creamy chicken spaghetti and garlic bread and we had a lovely time!  By the time we went to bed that night I can safely say I stole my joy back from the devil and pee water.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sorry that I am totally laughing at your pee water. I would have done the exact same thing:) (and I am truly amazed at the power of a good hug)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete