Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Gentle Leader has gone AWOL

We have had a mini crisis at the house.  Georges gentle leader has gone missing.  We had it a few weeks ago, and now its gone.  I will tout the wonderful-ness of the gentle leader for anyone who will listen to me.  I seriously love this thing.  George on the other hand, does NOT love the gentle leader.  He does his best to scrape it off his face when he wears it, he goes belly to the ground when he sees me walking up with it. 

We get complimented on Georges behavior on walks almost every time we take him out.  He doesn't stray from our sides, doesn't mess with other dogs, doesn't go chasing the wildlife on the trail.  He just keeps on going and seems to get annoyed when we stop for any reason.  We figured out that *we think* it's because George doesn't LIKE walks.  He just wants to get them over with. No detours, no delays, its like he's resigned himself that this is going to happen and just wants to power through it and be done.  Not Wednesday! 
On Wednesday evening while George and I were out for our C25K workout I realized that without the gentle leader on George is kind of a butthead on walks.  No, really.  He still just powered right on through the walk, but he had problems with staying in pace, was not amused at the other dogs on the trail (just got jumpy, didn't try and start any problems)  In light of this I've decided to post some pics of a walk we took George on last year.  He's pretty freaking adorable, even if I know he hates it!  *He has the gentle leader on for this walk.
Leaving my parents house, heading out on the trail, or maybe home.  Who knows, the possibilities are endless!

Just trucking along.

Look at his shiny coat!


To the left is home, straight to the trail.....which way to go?!?

Look how pretty the trail area is, how can he not like walks?!?

1 comment:

  1. Good grief he is adorable!! I don't think he misses the gentle leader:)

    ReplyDelete