Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

We are "in progress"

So Wednesday and Thursday evening at our house were pretty intense as far as the organization and cleaning mode.  I walked in the house on Wednesday night and didn't even make it upstairs before the process began.  We did a TON on Wednesday night and got the storage room cleaned out and then started on the bedrooms upstairs.  I didn't post any pictures of the front bedroom, but we had a bunch of stuff in the closet of that room and then things that had collected on the floor since I had no more room in the back bedroom of doom.  We worked from 5pm to 10pm that night on the house and didn't even stop for food, although there may have been some "cleaning beers" consumed during the process. 

During the process of moving things into and from the storage room we also started putting together the basement for Spence.  We moved pictures around (for some reason he wasn't a big fan of some of the photos I've taken staying up on the wall, what man cave is complete without some English roses on the wall?)

Thursday we finished up on the back bedroom of doom and actually ate dinner! I think we may have also made progress on getting a time to start on the garage.  Fingers crossed that when this posts the garage will not look like the dumping ground it currently is!
This is the same view as as the before picture, does it even look like the same space?
The items left are a bag of candles that I need to find a closet shelf for, the backpack is actually a wedding gift, its a picnic basket!  and then the blue bag has an old computer in it.  There are still some photos on there that I want to get so I don't want to trash it just yet....but soon?

This is from the other corner that there was NO way I could have taken before!

This is a quick peek at the basement.  I'll get some more pictures of it after we finish organizing and get the last of Specers beer and Jayhawk posters up!

We haven't decided what will become of the things along this wall.  The pile of bedding in the corner will likely get trashed, or donated to goodwill.....the rolly carts we may keep as they could be useful for storage but I'm in total "purge" mode so they may go in the garage sale.....

Ahhhh, my shelves.  we have them organized by category.  The first 2 shelves are kitchen appliances (stand mixer, bread maker, deep fryer etc) the next 2 shelves are things I use when we entertain (all my B.Smith things I got for the wedding, some outdoor candle holders, extra place mats and tablecloths etc) and the bottom shelf is the misc. stuff like my great grandmas china that we probably wont use much but I need to make sure its safe!
You can also see the weight bench in the foreground, we've talked about making the back bedroom of doom into a mini home gym and putting the weight bench and a treadmill in there.  We'll need to look at the cost of the treadmill but it would mean we can cancel my gym membership.....

1 comment: