Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Busy busy bees

Well we are about to embark on a 6 week busy season.  I've noticed our lives seem to go in spurts, we will have several weeks that we don't really have a lot going on and then, BAM.  Until October 16th we do not have a free weekend.  I'm super excited about it though because it involves spending time with our awesome group of friends!  I think over the next few weeks we will see about 80% of our good friends (the other 20% live about 1,500 miles away in a variety of directions). 

Tomorrow we get to hang out with a lot of my high school friends for an annual BBQ at a friends house.  There should be quite a few of us in attendance and I'm excited to see people I haven't seen in ages!
Saturday we are heading to Lawrence for a classic night of El Mez white cheese dip and margaritas, followed by some time spent on Mass street with some of Spencer's good friends from college and their wives.
Monday is another chance to see my high school friends at another BBQ, then Spencer will go hang out with his high school friends for a fantasy football draft. 

We take off on Thursday Sept 9 for Colorado with Spencer's family  for a long weekend in Estes Park to see his grandfather and do some super fun hiking.  I'm really really excited about the trip because for all the world travelling I've done I have only been to Colorado once!  Its sad really, Colorado is an 8 hour (granted a VERY boring 8 hour) drive away and yet I've spent more time in several European countries than I have there!

OK I'm not getting any further ahead of myself!  I will try and post pictures of our adventures in busy-ness on Monday. 

After work today I'm headed to the gym, I re-set my alarm yesterday and forgot to put it back to 5am so I'll have to go today or I wont be able to reward myself with the Swedish massage when we get back from Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment