Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bragging

OK in my "about me" page I talk about how awesome I think my friends are.  I am reminded of this fact a million different ways, every day.  Whether it's a conversation I'll have with a friend over dinner and a glass of wine, or something awesome that one of my friends is up to; sometimes I just sit back and marvel at what fantastic people I have in my life. 
My friends are scattered across the country, doing some pretty amazing things with their lives.  One of my best friends works in the Christian music industry.  Her current job allows her to travel to radio stations, work the some pretty amazing groups and get her artists air time on local Christian stations. Given that her dad has been in radio since well before Al Gore invented the Internet, this job is an amazing fit for her. I remember how excited she was when she called to tell me she had been offered the position, that was one of the moments I mentioned before when I am hit by the fact my friends are simply amazing people. 
Even in things that are not job related I get reminded about what cool opportunities my friends have in their lives right now.  My friend J of J's Everyday Fashion (http://www.jseverydayfashion.com/) has a love of fashion and clothes that is intense.  Its a passion for her, and you can tell, because the girl always looks amazing!  For her super amazing blog she has an opportunity to interview Guilana Rancic at Miami 2010 Fashion week.  It's just so cool to see how many awards she has gotten, how much press coverage she has gotten by just talking about something she really loves.  I love that she was able to translate something that is fun for her into something that has been so much fun for the rest of us to read! 
Those are 2 examples of my awesome friends, I could literally sit here all night and give examples of things my friends do that amaze me.  And I just might continue to pepper my blog with stories about my friends and the fun things they do, maybe I'll add some pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment