Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

whew.

*****FORMATTING HATES ME AND I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET PARAGRAPHS BACK.  IF YOU ARE READING THIS I APOLOGIZE*** I've decided to add random pictures to break up the post.
Well this weekend flew by! I left work on Friday and hit the gym for a good 2 hour sweat-fest. I cannot at this moment recall what else we did on Friday night. Strike that, I just did. Spencer was stuck at work super duper late doing inventory, and I had a nice man come out to tell me how much it would cost to paint the outside of our house. Because I am dreading it; like for real. Since the amount he gave me was WELL over any budget that Spence and I had agreed on I foresee a serious amount of work in our future. Like my dad said, its not the painting that will be the hard part, its the prep that goes into it. We have neglected the outside of the house for far too long. There are soffits that need replaced, woodpecker holes that need filled, trim pieces around doors that need to be replaced etc. That doesn't even begin to account for the normal prep that goes into painting, caulking, taping off windows and on and on and on. Add to that the fact that we don't exactly have a lot of free weekends in our future until the middle of October and I start to get a little bit stressed about this whole process. Anyway, I can't do anything until the house is scoped and I know when my dad will come over and allow us the use of his many ladders and tools so I need to put that one on the back burner.
Saturday: we were bums. Spencer worked out. I laid on the couch. We went to a friends house for a get together and saw a lot of friends we don't see on a really regular basis. Spencer played flip cup with the boys and we went home early. Nuff said right?


Sunday: LAWRENCE! It was a perfect evening. We went down a little early after having lunch with my parents and brother, to see Spencer's parents and sister. On the way there we stopped at my FAVORITE sushi place and got 2 rolls, not because we were really hungry just because we are never there and I LOVE this place. Hung out with the in laws a bit, met people for dinner at El Mezcal (home of excellent white cheese dip and yummy margaritas) and then hit Mass street for a few hours. Everyone was relaxed and having fun, it was a great night out with friends!

Monday: Monday was our work day at the house. We flipped our living room around, did a LOT of laundry and got the house ready for us to be gone for a few days in CO. I can handle our bedroom being messy up to a point, mainly because I am not ready to do anything about it. I hit the threshold this weekend and was really happy to get things picked up! We got the dresser tops cleaned off, things were dusted and vacuumed and the best part is, no clothes on the floor. Later that night Spencer and I went over to Josh and Katie's house so the boys could do their draft for fantasy football and had pizza. We got home, put up a load of laundry and laid down for bed.....George was still on the bed. George does NOT sleep in the bed at our house. Ever. Well until last night anyway.... He was a happy puppy this morning!

ETA: Spence got his hair cut this last week.  I just couldn't resist posting some pictures I took of him and George this weekend...
I kept trying to get one where both Spence and George were looking at me....it almost worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment