Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cooking and running

Last night I made shrimp etouffee for dinner.  I was really happy with how it came out!  I have no idea how authentic it is, but since I live in KS and Spencer doesn't know any better we called it a win.  I don't have any pictures of the prep, but I do have some "show off" pictures of how clean the kitchen was by the end of the process! 

I am making it a goal to focus on cleaning up as I cook.  I think it will help with the overall cleanliness of the kitchen. 
Here is the recipe I used for the shrimp etouffee: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/shrimp-etouffee-ii/Detail.aspx

Its in the rotation for this winter, I think it will be a good hot meal for when the good 'ol KS winter hits and we are covered in ice and snow.











Well the second part of my title was "running".  Its a misnomer.  I don't run. (YET)  Currently, I sorta-kinda jog.  With a lot of walking added in for good measure.  Today was the first day of the 3 weeks I am giving myself to get into shape and start the training program I have in the top bar of the blog.  I've decided to post my times once a week to track my progress.  The first week of the program I need to be able to do a 4 mile "long run".  I am nowhere near being able to do that currently!  I have a lot of work ahead of me.  Here is the first picture of my progress.  I jogged/ran at a 14.45 minute pace:

No comments:

Post a Comment