Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Wine Night Wednesday

Wine Night Wednesday (or Thursday, or Monday or pretty much whatever evening the girls and I can get together)  is happening this week and I am so excited.  WNW is one of my favorite times of the week, an evening of girl talk, some --ok maybe a lot-- of wine and dinner with some of my favorite ladies. 

I found a new recipe for this week and I'm pretty excited to try it out. 

Chicken with Garlic, Basil, and Parsley Ingredients
1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken. Top with tomato slices.
Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

* from reading the reviews on this recipe I think I'll use fresh herbs instead of dried and will probably create a little marinade from the herbs that are supposed to go on the bottom of the pan (I'll probably add some more garlic and Cayenne pepper too), some lemon juice and a small amount of chicken broth.  I'm thinking that marinating the chicken for an hour or two will get some more flavor into the chicken before I bake it, and I'm hoping the added juices in the pan will ensure it stays moist during cooking.
The reviews also mentioned adding a splash balsamic vinegar and cheese to the chicken in the last few minutes, so that's a consideration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment