Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Goal accomplished

One of my new years goals was to secure a part time job.  Well I can check that one off the list, I am officially a part time employee of Nike! 

I had a few reasons for wanting a part time job on top of my full time "big girl" job.  A big part of it is that Spencer is going to go back to school full time in the semi near future (next year or two), and I would like to have some additional income when that happens, also I've realized that if we are going to take our big European trip in the next few years that some extra income will be necessary.  Also, our roommate is moving out at the end of this month, and while we've never relied on her rent to pay any bills it has come in handy for our savings and "fun" stuff.   

My goal is to set half my paycheck from this job toward paying off what will be left of our credit card debt and savings (ie: Europe), the rest will go toward our "fun" budget.  Another added benefit is that since we'll have less time to do things we'll end up saving additional money that way too!

Assuming I can handle this week I should be good to go, between my grown up job and Nike I am working 70 hours this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment