Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Almost recovered

We took off last Wednesday evening for almost a week in Florida.  When we left the KCI airport (I grew up with it being called KCI, it's technically MCI but never to me) it was 60 degrees and sunny.  When we woke up the next day (in Florida) it was sunny and warm in Orlando, and beginning a mix of snow, rain and sleet in the KC area.  HA!  (sorry). 

The first day in FL was Spence's birthday, we had planned to spend the day at Disney but a travel glitch with my friend who was coming with us meant that we postponed the Happiest Place on EARTH.  Instead we slept in (which was good because as I'll explain later we didn't fall asleep until 3:30am) picked up my friend at the airport and then went to Magical Midway to spend the day.  We got to watch the space shuttle launch from the top of a ride there which was freaking awesome.  The first few days in FL we stayed with one of my best friends from high school and her husband.  We got to experience Disney's Magic Kingdom with them on Friday (it was my friends first trip!) ran around Epcot and Wide World of Sports on Saturday and then on Sunday my friend ran in the Disney Princess Half Marathon!  --If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time you may remember I was planning to run as well; my knee had other plans and it just wasn't going to happen this year. I already have a training plan in place for next year that hopefully wont kill me, hopefully--  After the marathon we trekked around Universal Studios for the day before falling asleep at the ultra cool hour of like 8pm to prepare for our trip home.

Pictures to follow along with some more stories about our week in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment