Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Songs that come from out of nowhere....

I was sitting at my desk and all of a sudden a song my sorority sings for serenades came popping into my head and will not go away. 

The cannibal king with the big nose ring fell in love with the zulu maid
and every night by the pale moonlight across the bay he'd wade 
To woo and kiss his lusty miss in the shade of the big bay tree,
and when they sang they sang a duet and it sounded like this to me....
Oh you've heard about the Sig eps, the best boys in the land
In every activity they take the upper hand
For they've got wit and cleverness, as well as knowledge too
We think they're regular fellows and we hope you think so to
(fraternity guys join in here)
So we will drink to dear old Epsilon and we will raise our glasses high (raise em high)
and we will drink to our fraternity and we'll be loyal till we die (until we die)
For how we love our sacred brotherhood
and we will laud it to the skkyyyyy and when the day is done we'll drink (just one) to sigma phi epsilon --DRINK BEER.  --> or milk if you were so inclined to not promote beer drinking. 

This song led to another "frat round"
How'd you like to date a Kappa Sig?
To be the sweetheart of a Kappa Sig?
To have a date with him most every night,
Always wear his colors scarlet green and white my darling
Pledge your love for all eternity, (do-wa-do) come and join the best fraternity,Beta Tau, willl mean a lot to Kappa Sig.  doodledado

I may as well include the last ones as I'm sure I'll be singing them all night now....

Down in Kansas in a little town,
I pledged a frat of great re noun
Made some friends both tried and true
Delta Tau Delta is the frat for you
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau thats the frat--fraternity for you

Gamma Theta is the chapter name
and the badge is square with a golden frame
their colors are purple white and gold
and on our campus they're brave and bold
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau (do wa do wa do wa)
Delta Tau thats the frat--fraternity for you


I dont' have the time right now to type out the Zeta Chi song....its a long one!  



I  miss college sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment