Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Well here it goes!

This is my new blog which will contain posts about my life and activities. The basics, what books I'm reading, trips that we're taking, friends and fun! Right now we are in the middle of a rather massive project on the house, so plan on hearing quite a bit about that as well! I'll also try and post some pictures of the process! I'll start this post out by giving some basic information about me, in case we aren't already good friends!

I married the most amazing man, Spencer, on September 25, 2009. I have an amazing group of friends who are a constant supply of laughter, support and inspire me to be a better person. I would LOVE to be a stay at home wife, not mom. We have a fur baby named George, who also answeres to the name "butthead". Having a dog is a good thing for us, reminds me to be a grown up and act responsibly, but not 100% of the time! Every now and then I can stand in a huge group of people and feel totally alone, but not in a depressing kind of way.

We are currently installing hard wood floors in the main part of the house. Approx 600 square feet of flooring, we are running into issues with the way the house is set up and that there are a lot of areas we arent sure how to cover. The carpet hangs over some areas, and underneath some of those areas is just not in good shape. Thank God both my dad and FIL are handy with tools! Spencer and I are especially grateful for their skills right now. We are still in the prep phase of the process now, removing the carpet and treating the sub floor with Kilz to get rid of the animal smells courtesy of the previous owners. We are trying to work around my dad's work schedule, Spencers work schedule and the fact that we have no idea what we are doing! Last night we did one more coat of Kilz on the floors and I started priming some shelves we are also going to install along one wall. We have this one area in between the wall and the fireplace that is wasted space about 2 feet wide and all the way up that we are going to store our DVD's/games etc, I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would build the living room that way but this is one less thing I have to have out in the middle of the room. Spencers dad (very kindly) built us a shelving system that will allow us to install the shelves and make them adjustable so we can customize them if our needs change. I tell ya, having a cabinet maker in the family is REALLY helpful!

Tonight I'm off on a decor finding mission with my friend Anna, she has a fantastic eye for color and I'm hoping that we can find some really pretty throw pillows for the couch, a rug for under the dining room table and for under the couches. Our floors are a really dark brown, we have white trim and a green wall in the living room. I am looking for some reds, golds, coppers and overall really warm colors to complete the look.
Here are some pictures of the project so far, I'll update more as we get more done. Hopefully tonight we will be able to start laying the floor!






No comments:

Post a Comment