Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

projects, flowers and 50% off sales....

Well yesterday I was over at my parents house for dinner (BBQ ribs, yum).  I talked to my dad some more about the floors, I think we can have the main part of the floors done this weekend, which leaves the trim and all the detail work to still complete before the shower.  He's not convinced that we can be done by the shower, I think its doable as long as its a focus for us both.  We shall see, I really hope we can have most of it done, so at least its not screaming "half done project". 
This weekend Spencer is gone at a bachelor party like I mentioned yesterday.  This weekend I'm planning to prettify the front of the house.  My mom told me that Westlake hardware is having their 50% off plant sale now and suggested that I head over there to check it out.  I found the coolest little plants!  They are decorative peppers.  Yes I said peppers.  Here are some pictures of what I bought for the front of the house.  I have no idea why I was so excited about these pepper plants, I bought 3 of them for the flower bed in front of the house, and then bought some other plants with some nice red blooms on them.  The red flowers will go very nicely with the red and white bench that I'm going to paint in the front of the house.  The other thing I'm going to do in the front is weed (much needed) and mulch the front area including around the 2 large bushes in the front.  I feel like it will finish off the front and make it look like I actually care, ate least a little.  All in all we are talking 6-7 bags of mulch, at least 2 kinds of spray paint, some stain for the chair, and some weed killer.  Home Depot and I will become very good friends this weekend! (while my wallet and I will probably not be on speaking terms when its all said and done...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment