Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Glass is half full!

Well last night was a half success! Met up with Anna after work at the gym and got some cardio in, then we headed for Hobby Lobby. On my lunch break I found a super cute pillow at Target that I decided to use as inspiration. We found 5 different fabrics to use in the living room. I also bought 3 over sized pillows to use as well, and the other 2 fabrics will be used to recover the pillows that we already have on the couch. All in all it was a fulfilling trip!

The other half of the night, however, did not turn out quite the same way! I called my dad to find out when he was planning to come over to the house to work on the floors; he informed me his work schedule changed and he wouldn't be over till SATURDAY! I'm starting to get very frustrated trying to work around so many different schedules. Granted, I know we signed up for this by asking my dad to help us instead of hiring someone to do it for us. My dad is infamous for having his own mental idea of how long something"should" take and not letting anyone else in on that, which leads to frustration to those of us around him who are trying to not live in a construction site! (and yes, I've tried asking him for some more info on his schedule, the overall project outline etc, its useless he doesn't give answers. But like I said I knew we signed up for this and it is saving us well over 2k so I'm smiling. very. big. grin.) Here are some pics of the fabrics and pillow from yesterday. The brown and red with the circle pattern will be used for pillows that people can sit on the floor with and are a really heavy upholstery, the orange pattern and green will re-cover the 4 pillows we have on the couch now, and the gold will cover the other large pillow I bought and go on the couch as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment