Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

oh the weekend.....

Well this weekend was a lot of fun, and 0% productive around the house.  It was one of our (many) wedding filled weekends this year. Since we got married last Sept we have been to 5 weddings, and have 3 more to attend this summer/fall.  Next year so far we only have 2 that I know of....I'm hoping that we are nearing the end of the time in our lives that we spend 1/2 -3/4 of our summers at weddings and other wedding related events.  Don't misunderstand me, I'm SO excited for the 3 weddings we have coming up, 2 of them are Spencer's best friends from elementary school, and the other is one of my best friends from college, I'm just looking froward to being able to take a summer vacation next year! 
The floors are coming along nicely, I really think that we should be done with them in the next week or so.  We are at the point we need to remove the railing around our living space in order to keep going forward, I worry about this because George is not the smartest puppy in the world, and I have visions of him skidding off the edge of the floors and falling down the stairs.  So we are going to need to find a day that Spencer and I can both be home to just knock it all out and be done with it.  Then we just have to enter into the "finishing stage" of putting down the "shoe" so there isn't a gap between the floor and baseboard.  It all has to be totally done by the 7th so I can put the house back together before Megan's shower at out house on the 10th. 
Yesterday was Anna's birthday, Megan and I met her out by the pool and spent the afternoon soaking up the sun.  Megs and I soaked up a little more than we needed to, my shoulders are a bit fried now.  I went home after the pool and pretty much fell asleep on the couch.  It was a much needed restful day after the crazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment