Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is my excited face

I have been wanting to buy a Kindle or Nook or some other e-reader for a little bit now.  I like the idea of not having to lug books around in my purse, car or suitcase on vacation.  I'm an avid reader and can breeze through several hundred pages a night if the story keeps my interest.  Going on our honeymoon last year I took literally 8 books on our week trip and read them all.  My bag was heavy!
I am a little hesitant about the whole e-reader thing though, what if after spending (at least) $200 I don't like not having an actual physical book in my hand to read, and turn the pages etc.  I would be so upset with myself for wasting that much $$.  Its kept me in the research stage of this process for longer than normal for me.
Yesterday I discovered that the IPhone has a Kindle app! 
Now apparently this was common knowledge for the rest of the world because no one I expressed my excitement to seemed nearly as thrilled as I was.....or maybe it's because I'm a little bit nerdy and was REALLY excited about it?
So I downloaded the (free much to Spencer's pleasure) app to my phone and set about deciding which of the many thousands of titles available to me I wanted to try out.  I decided to go with The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan.  Its a YA novel (same guy who wrote the Percy Jackson series) because I figured it would be an easy read that if I couldn't really get into the whole "book on IPhone" deal that it wouldn't be too much of a disaster.  I tore through it in a few hours after work and have decided that I could get used to this whole thing......
Now I just have to decide which kind I want to get when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment