Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Being Realistic....

really stinks.  I mean, really.  I like to live in the world of butterflies and sunshine where I can sleep late and not work full time.  Where magically my house is spotless, meals are cooked and I have lost approximately, oh say, 40 lbs just by thinking positive thoughts.  Sadly, this is not the life I live.  I'm not calling this a new years resolution, because I really stink at upholding those.  But this year we've decided to start being more proactive about our finances.  We have both taken credit cards out of our wallets, and they are tucked away someplace that could be accessed in an emergency, but not so accessible that they will get whipped out anytime we think we need to use them. 
We are on a 3 year plan to be credit card debt free.  I think we can do it in 2.5 but 3 is totally realistic and doable.
I started looking around for part time gig, something pretty blah more than likely but with Spence going back to school and the roommate moving out this spring or summer I want to have some extra built back up to have a decent cushion.  We'll see how that all goes......

So that's my non new years resolution, even though it comes at the start of a new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment