Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Laziness and all it entails

There are several things in my very pampered, addicted to modern technology life that I claim I cannot live without.  My iPhone, the DVR, my nook, the electric wine opener (even with as much as I've been cooking I still maintain that wine opener is the most used appliance in my kitchen), waterless cookware etc.  I have to say though, that I think our netflix subscription may be attaining that same status.  Spence and I have breezed our way though some Mad Men episodes, watched almost 4 complete seasons of "Psych", Hana and I have re-discovered the trash TV that was "Buffy" and I'm betting I can find several other TV shows I used to love and had forgotten about.  It has a ton of old movies I like, and some newer ones that have snaked their way to the top of the queue.  With all these addicting things on the TV you may wonder how I get anything done around the house.....its quite simple.  I don't.  I sit like a bump on a log while the laundry piles up, floors get dusty etc.  Which brings me to one of my goals for the year of 2011. 
Get into cleaning pattern I can maintain.
I know myself and Spence well enough to realize we will probably never be the "make your bed every morning" couple.  But I would really like us to be the "put the laundry away before it gets worn again" couple.  I feel like I do a good job at maintaining the cleanliness of the main parts of the house (kitchen, guest bathroom, dining and living room etc), our bedroom however is a totallly different story. Our laundry takes over the room in a major way.  As a result of this I never feel super motivated to clean the rest of it up, cause really, it doesn't make a huge impact when 4 loads of clean laundry are at the foot of the bed.  So my first goal is to get in the habit of putting each load of laundry away as we get it from the dryer.  Ugh.  It doesn't even sound fun.  I think part of this goal is going to HAVE to be getting our closet revamped too.  I have a vision of additional shelves, more hanging space and a much neater place to keep all our clothes. Excuse me while I go price out closet organizer systems......more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment