Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Death....ok not really....just kinda

That sums up how I feel today.  Last night was way too late, and involved just a bottle teeny tiny bit more wine than it probably should have.  Eh, oh well, it was also totally worth it.  I've talked on here about my friends before, and how freaking blessed I feel to have such awesome people in my life.  Last night was a prime example of why I love my friends.  Usually during the week 3 girlfriends and I get together for dinner and wine.  It's just a low key, relaxed evening (that has been known to last until the early morning hours on occasion...) where we can all catch up, talk about whats going on in our lives and just be girls.  Well last night we decided to extend the invite to our better other halves as well.  One of the things we usually at least touch on during our "wine nights" is that its baffles us that our husbands/boyfriends just don't seem to feel the need to go hang out with their  buddies the way we feel the need to have weekly time with each other.  Every week all of us say to the guys some version of "hey why don't you call the guys and go out for a beer/watch a game/play pool ANYTHING except sit at home while I go out tonight"  99% of the time we all get the same response....."nah". 
So you can imagine our (the girls) surprise when it was the guys who weren't ready to go home last night!  Apparently when we force invite them to do things and don't give them an option to say no they do enjoy getting out of the house! 
All in all the evening was a success, and I got a chance to try out a new recipe that I think will be making its way into our rotation.  Cheesy Chicken Bundles  http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cheesy-chicken-bundles/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment