Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Top of 2010....

As I've looked back on this year there are so many fun things that happened!
These are in no particular order, just the first "squeee"  moments that came to my mind.

Putting in our hardwood floors.  OMG, I swear there were days that I never thought that project would end (and honestly it still isn't 100% done, there are some areas around the kitchen that need one final trim piece to finish them out).  I cannot explain what an impact that made on our house though.  The old carpet we had in there was from the old owners, who had really big dogs, who REALLY liked to mark certain areas of the house. When we got the carpet up the stains from that were into the sub floor.  The hardwood was exactly the face lift the house needed. 

Getting to attend/participate in some of our best friends weddings.  I LOVED our wedding in 2009, I really did, but just getting to kick back, relax and watch people you love be, well, in love is so much fun!  This year 2 of Spencer's best friends from high school got married, one of my best friends from college got married, to another of my good friends from college! The parties and the plans and seeing them all so happy was fantastic!

Having our first Christmas at our own house as a married couple.  Last year for Christmas morning we were in Arizona with my family, which was fun (and we missed the blizzard that hit the Midwest so that was great too), but it was SO fun to wake up and be able to start our own family traditions at the house on Christmas morning. 

Taking some trips to Table Rock Lake.  We went down to the lake twice in 2010, once for Spencer's birthday with our friends Josh and Katie and then again in September for our first anniversary.  Big Cedar has so many fun things to do in all kinds of weather, we really had a blast celebrating down there! (despite the fact that in Sept I got super sick and spent most of our anniversary in bed sniffing)

Home improvement projects~!  We revamped the back and front of our house this year, it was LONG overdue!  We sanded and stained the back deck, and it looks like we brought it back from the dead to be honest. and then gave the front of the house a face lift.  It was a veryveryvery long couple of weekends, but totally worth it in the end!  Maybe next year won't be so incredibly back breaking?

Spencer enrolling in school again!  A few posts ago I went on and on about this issue so needless to say I'm pretty excited he's on his way to a new career. 

Me changing jobs!  The thing I really like about the company I work for is that its a huge corporation, there are a myriad of jobs/careers you can have within the company.  I changed from working auto claims to homeowners claims in May of this year and it has been such a great change!  I was getting pretty burnt out on my last position after 2.5 years of the same thing day after day.  Next year around this time I *hope* to be applying for our catastrophe team for a year or two before we settle down and start trying for kids.

Getting to meet my very first cousin.  I have lots of 3rd and 4th cousins 7 times removed or whatever it is, but we'd all  but given up hope that my uncle John would ever have kids.  He and his wife Teri welcomed Eleanor into the world on September 11 this year and Christmas was the first time I got to meet her.  She was so very precious and little and so expressive!  It was fun to get to spend some quality time with them while they were in town for the holidays. 

So there we have it.  The top "squee" moments of 2010 brought to you by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment