Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol

I was raised in a dry household. I don’t remember there being booze in our house at all growing up. I didn’t drink in high school; I didn’t “party” in high school. That being said, I have a wine rack in my dining room that is usually at least half full. I look forward to a glass of wine or beer with dinner to relax after work. I think that things in moderation are wonderful. That being said, I don’t think its ok to drive drunk. I don’t think that being drunk gives people the right to do stupid things and not apologize for them later. I don’t think that alcohol should be a crutch or something that you “need” to get through the day.



Drugs? Well alcohol is a drug, I don’t hate alcohol. I’m a big fan of the prescription drugs I get from the DR when I’m sick. I may have smoked something I shouldn’t have in college, just once. I think that some drugs are worse than others. I think that addiction can ruin peoples lives. I think that its easy to judge people for not having the same views on issues like gay marriage, drugs and alcohol as being closed minded or judgmental.

No comments:

Post a Comment