Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.

It solely depends on if we are talking about a civil marriage or a religious marriage. As far as civil goes I don’t see why its an issue. The state doesn’t recognize the religious ceremony as binding, so I don’t know why gay marriage should be any different than heterosexual marriage from the government standpoint. It’s all about the money to the state, so why not.



On the flip side when it comes to religious ceremonies and marriage I don’t think that anyone should *have* to perform a gay ceremony if they don’t believe its ok. I was raised in a conservative home and church, I was taught from a young age that homosexuality was a sin and wrong. I don’t claim to know everything, but I think my views have been tempered with age. I don’t think that anyone who believes that way should be forced by the state to perform that type of ceremony. But I also don’t think that those people should have any say over what the state does in this case. It’s one of the reasons we have the separation of church and state in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment