Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

This is a tough one.  Not because I don’t know who exactly comes to mind, but because I feel like I sound whiney when I talk about this particular relationship.  We have been friends for over 20 years.  One of the friends that as you talk about the future you see in your wedding and your future kids calling “Aunt”.  One day I realized it had been literally months since we had an in depth conversation.  Tried to reach out and start spending time together, and the response was something like: we are in different places now, sometime in the future we may be closer again, but not now.  It was a really difficult moment in my life.  Actually when I read that email I felt like I had been dumped.  We are still not close, and I don’t know if we will be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment