Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

I think that religion can be a very powerful tool. I think that religion has been abused in the past and present to justify some awful things. I think that some of my happiest memories of childhood and high school occurred with my friends at church. I think that Jesus loves me, and you. I think that people get so hung up on the smallest detail of a doctrine that they sometimes miss the overall message of love, peace and hope that the Bible preaches. I think that more people should practice what they preach. I think that instead of judging others so harshly because they are sinners that people should concentrate more on themselves and cut the rest of the world some slack.



I think politics is a game. I think that there is usually more than one right answer to a political problem. I think I’m sick and tired of the negative campaign ads I’ve been watching for the past 4 months. I think that people should not register with a political party when they are 18, your views will change the second you hit a college campus more than likely. I think that most of the country doesn’t understand how our government works and it scares me that everyone can vote sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment