Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday:  Worked and then met some of the girls out to see Something Borrowed.  The theatre by us has an area with a bar and "real" food so we lounged there before going into our theatre.  It was the first "girls night" out for one of my friends who just had her first little girl, it was good to get her out of the house for a few hours and let her hubby watch their daughter! 


Our drink of choice, come on, it GLOWED!

My friend Ash made these gorgeous things! You can check out her blog at http://sweetwhimsiesblog.blogspot.com/  shes fantastic!  I've told her before I'd totally invest in her future bakery!

Saturday was the house work day.  I wanted the front of our house to have some "pop" of color and so I knew I needed to get some flowers.  And I also recently decided that our mailbox just looked sad and needed a face lift.  In addition I needed to paint some shelves we will use in the garage before they would be usable (lots o rust).  Saturday night we met up with some friends to hang out and catch up at Fox and Hound!

All the goodies before they were bought!

I aslso decided we need some additionl light so I bought two of these guys to see how much light they put out etc.

All done! I cannot wait for the lilies to bloom

This is the mailbox part way done, I was so excited to start it that I totally spaced on taking the true "before" picture!


I also saw a tank.....just rolling down the street.  I live by the National Guard Armory so its not totally outside the box, but still.  I saw a tank!  I saw this on my way BACK to Lowes to return a can of spray paint that just dribbled down the front. Kind of glad the spray paint can was cruddy, cause I think tanks are kinda cool....

The "almost" finished product.  I have decided its probably not the greatest idea to show y'all my address, so this is as finished as it gets!

The shelves pre-paint.  They are currently a very glossy black color I forgot to take a picture of!

Spence cheating at ski ball for me!

Yay look how good I did!

Sunday was Mothers Day, no pictures from this day (I know, sad).  But we got up, went to church, went on a run and then settled in at my parents house for more than a few hours to hang out with my parents and my grandparents who were in town from AZ on their way to IA for my Papa's 65th high school reunion!
We also got to skype with my aunt and uncle in WI, and their ADORABLE baby girl, (my one and only cousin) Eleanor.  OMG she is the cutest.

Monday was work and THEN since the temps topped 90 I realized my dream of waiting till June to turn on the AC would not in fact work.  So my dad came over to show me how to clean it out and get it ready to go.  George came out to supervise the work.  I don't think he was overly impressed.


Seriously? why are you not inside petting me?

No comments:

Post a Comment