Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Ah, the weekend is FINALLY here

And not just any weekend mind you.  THE weekend.  My 10 year high school reunion.  10. Years.  Seriously, where did the last decade go???
I mean, sure, I went to college, so that was 4 of the ten years.
Then I did a year of law school, so we're up to 5.
Left law school and ended tumultous relationship with college bf.
Met Spencer and fell head over heels in love, bought a house.
Worked as a collector for 2 years, so thats 7 accounted for. Somewhere
in the mix Spence proposed and we got married.  Switched to working as in insurance claim adjuster, and have done ever since......so yea I suppose that's a decade of my life accounted for.  OMG.

My friend Michelle and I have planned the reunion and let me tell you, wedding planning has NOTHING on this process.  Because you see, when you plan a wedding YOU control the budget, if you don't have money you just switch things around.  With reunion planning you don't get that option.  You have to get the cash from your classmates prior to being able to book/pay for things.  Needless to say up until today we were pretty sure that we were  going to be spending about 100 each  to put this on.  Luckily the last minute ppl have come through and we may actually break even on this who she-bang. 

We have decided that we will be gearing up for a 20 year reunion and skipping that pesky 15 year one that people had discussed....

2 comments:

  1. I will be attending mine in July...absolutely crazy to think that we started at Baker 10 years ago this Fall. Absolutely crazy!!!! Have a wonderful time =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin I cannot even contemplate that its been a decade since HS graduation, starting college etc. Its so weird to think how fast this decade has gone!!

    ReplyDelete