Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

What I did on my Christmas vacation....

drove.  back and forth between my family and Spencer's family. 
We are both so blessed to have our families close by and to get to spend good quality time with them over the holiday season.  I do really love spending time with our families, but boy are they exhausting sometimes! 
Spence and I both had the week before Christmas off, which was awesome because we got to spend a lot of time hanging out and lounging around the house.   It was also about the busiest week ever. Let me walk you through it.
On Monday Spence had to work so I got to finish shopping for his gifts, which were awesome BTW.

Tuesday we drove all over KC to deliver my grandparents gifts to them (2 grandpas in the KC area, live about as far away as possible from each other).  My Papa Nic gets a food basket that is full of home made goodies that my mom and I make up for him.  He seriously shouldn't have to grocery shop for weeks.  Then we deliver to my Papa Gene, who used to get the same thing but now gets something different as he is no longer living alone and has someone to cook for him.  I also got to take my little niece to see Tangled while her mom was at a job interview.  I do not spend a lot of time around kids, but she is a doll!

Wednesday was a lazy day during the day time, then we met up with out of town friends for dinner and then headed out to watch the KU game, that didn't start until 10pm!  We were out till about 2am because we waited for anther friend's flight to get in so we could see him.  (he and his wife live in San Jose and we see them about 2x a year)

Thursday woke up from our late night and met the same friends for brunch/lunch.  Then came home and cleaned the house from top to bottom because my in laws were coming up to take us to dinner that night.  Had dinner with the in laws and then headed to my parents house to greet my aunt and uncle and their ADORABLE baby girl. 
Aside from the awful photo quality, shes so freaking cute!  We spent a few hours with them and then went home to crash. 
The next 3 days are a blur of driving between Lawrence, Eudora and Lenexa.  During that time we got to see a ton of family, opened a lot of gifts, ate a TON of food and didn't sleep nearly enough. 
Spencer got me a bread maker for Christmas and I used it the same night (with the super cool delay timer) so we got to wake up to fresh baked bread the next day

My mom got me some spice organizers (she has the same ones and I have been drooling over them for a while now) so those went up on Christmas night so I could feel all cool and what not. I have pictures of the bread and spices but cant get them to load for some reason.....I'll just have to try again later!
Spencer got a home brewing kit for beer and some "sidewalk surfer" shoes (sandal soles with canvas tops, he was pretty excited).  We're both looking forward to getting to use our gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment