Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bad Blogger

I have been a bad bad blogger lately.  It's not even because I've been that super busy.  I've just been lazy. 
Here is a list of things I should have been doing lately that I have not:
-Training for the 1/2 marathon.  Ya that is going to kick my ever growing butt in Feb, but I do have some time off coming soon so I'm planning to get back in gear this week.
-Cleaning my house. Its all picked up, when you walk in there is no "EWWWW" moment, but I need to do the floors, they are dusty in the corners.
-update the blog (check)
-Christmas shop.  Let me just tell you how much I really don't like to Christmas shop. Like a lot.  I remember thinking my mom was NUTS because she didn't like to go to the mall between Thanksgiving and New Years.  I would beg and plead and whine and beg some more for her to drop me and my friends off to "hang out".  Now, I see the off ramp at 435 and 95th street backed up onto the highway with people who are trying to get to the mall and almost cry in relief that I no longer work retail and have to be one of them. 
I have gotten Spencer's gifts (well actually purchased one and know what the other is) that boy is difficult to shop for!  If he wants something that is in our budget he has it, because he bought it for himself.  I'm the same way so I can't REALLY complain too much though. I know what I'm getting my mom and step dad, the new baby cousin is taken care of and I'm putting Spence in charge of gifts for his parents.  That's really about all the gifting we do, some small gifts for some of the girlfriends (more than likely some bottles of wine for our "Wine Night Wednesdays") and call it a win. 
-Cooking.  I make a food basket for my grandpa every Christmas, its pretty much 2 week worth of food that is home made by me (and my mom if I"m going to be totally honest).  He loves it because its home made and he doesn't have to find a place for another "thing" (apparently when you hit 90 you no longer look at stuff as a good thing, you look at it as one more thing you have to dust).  It all works out for the best.  I'm most of the way done with that basket, and will take it over to him next week when I"m off work.

I am off work starting this Friday and go back to work on the 27th, 10 days to get caught up on all the things I mentioned above.  Now all I have to do is make it through the next 4 days at work and I'll be golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment