Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The holidays are almost over.....

Does it make me a Scrooge that I'm kind of excited?  Please don't get me wrong, I love the Christmas music, the lights, seeing friends and family from out of town, the vacation time I usually have.....but the holidays season makes me so super tired.  I am ready for real life to get back to normal.
I am useless this week! 
Monday I worked a little late to catch up at work from being off last week, got home and made a beef casserole *1lb of hamburger, some diced onion and green pepper, garlic and spices browned, melted a little bit of Velveeta in for creaminess, mixed a can of tomato soup and fat free cream of mushroom soup in it all and then added some macaroni noodles and topped w cheese baked 350 for like 20 min*  I got home by 630, and was ready to sleep  by 8pm. 
I planned to wake up early and head to the gym on Tuesday, totally didn't happen but after work I got a few miles in.  Tuesday Spencer was pretty excited, I  made one of his favorite dinners, baked ziti.  *boil ziti noodles, in another pan brown some spicy sausage and mix with a jar of spaghetti sauce, layer noodles sauce and mozzarella/provolone cheese ending with cheese on top, bake 350 for 30 min or until sauce and cheese are bubbly, serve with salad and garlic bread*
Wednesday was pretty basic, I cleaned the house up a little more from all our Christmas loot and started the deep clean that always accompanies us hosting a party.  I've discovered that I really don't mind cleaning, I just hate doing the floors.  We need to invest in a vacuum that we can use on hardwood and carpet, I think it would make my life easier......
Thursday is wine night with the girls!  Generally its "Wine Night Wednesday" but schedules being what they are we are flexible.  I got a super cute yard flag for Christmas from my mom that says "Group Therapy Practiced Here" with some wine glasses on it that will be on the fridge when we do our girls nights in from now on.  I don't really see myself putting it in the yard per say, I'm not a "lets put stuff on the front lawn" kind of girl for the most part.  Thursday was my short day at work this week, I flexed out my schedule so I could leave a little early and get a jump start on the 4 day weekend! 
More to come about our rockin new years eve party, Chiefs Playoff Party (not hosted by us, but will be attended and wildly cheered at) and the final countdown to me getting my butt kicked by this half marathon I signed up for~

No comments:

Post a Comment