Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

6 week ultrasound

After the last beta test I set up 2 ultrasounds, one for 6 weeks and the other for 8 weeks.  The 6 week ultrasound was on 5/10, and we decided to have our parents over on the 12th to tell them that they were going to be grandparents! We went in on the 10th for the ultrasound, the nurse warned me that our Dr was probably going to talk a lot and not say much, which turned out to be true.  We got to see the gestational sac, the yolk sack and what looked like the heart beat!  Seeing that flutter made my heart so happy!  They said that when we go back next Wednesday we won't even recognize snowman bc he/she will have grown so much.  Snowman looked like a tadpole for the most part and they said next week Snowman will resemble more of a gummy bear. 

We planned to have everyone over on Friday the 12th to tell our parents the good news, it went really well!  We cleaned the whole house and the screened in porch was finally painted and finished as well.  I say "we" cleaned the whole house, lets be honest here Spence cleaned the whole house and I tried super hard to stay awake past 730pm every night.  This tiredness is NO JOKE.  Even at the height of my adrenal fatigue a few years back I haven't experienced this level of exhaustion.  I've also noticed the last 2 or 3 days that my temper is getting really short.  I'm training a group of new hires and I can't help but feel bad for them because I am not the even keeled happy person I usually am in a training class.  My boobs aren't nearly as sore as they were at first which is awesome.  I've felt nauseated on and off, usually when I haven't had enough water that day, so at least its easy to counteract and I have yet to actually feel like I might throw up.  Overall I'm calling it a win.  

Not much else to update as of now, I'm 7 weeks today.  Next Wednesday is our 8 week ultrasound and if all goes well I'll be released from the RE and back to my OB.  I can't believe that in a week I might be considered a "normal" pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment