Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Its that day again, the hallmark holiday to end all hallmark holidays.  I'm not a big fan of large gestures on this day, I appreciate them sure, but don't get all huffy if they don't occur.  The first Valentines day Spence and I were together we decided to stay in (I think he thought it was a trap, he probably spent part of the night convinced I was going to freak out) and watch LOST on DVD.  We were right in the middle of the first season and there wasn't really anything else we felt like doing that night.  Spencer needed a new trashcan so I bought him one as the worlds least romantic gift (very practical though, its currently still in use at our house so there).  He proved to be the romantic one and since we were watching LOST he went to Party America and purchased various jungle decorations and decorated the living room to go with the theme.  He also bought me a potted plant to go with the theme instead of flowers.  I was in love.
Our dinner that night was a heart shaped pizza from our favorite local pizza place, Minsky's.  That dinner has become our tradition and I look forward to it every year.
This year our tradition got a little bit of a shake up, I slipped and fell HARD in the parking lot at work today and am still a little groggy from the hit on the head the pavement gave me.  We are leaving for Florida next week and had decided to save all our cash for spending money etc, and I was almost in tears when I saw that Spence had gone out and bought me a small flower arrangement, some dark chocolates and a card.  He said he knew that I was still feeling pretty bad from earlier and wanted to do something to surprise me.  I am so thankful that he is such a wonderful caring man, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.
I hope you all had a great Valentines day as well, now I'm back to focusing on the Jayhawks....they need to pick it up in the 2nd half, or I will have a very unhappy Valentine on my hands!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hon! I hope you are feeling better by now. Those falls can hurt!
    Love your tales of Valentines past....so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete