Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Purging.

Every now and again its good to go through and get rid of the clutter. Over the past 5 years we've had a lot of roommates in and out of the house.  Some stayed longer than others, and some we didn't really see on a regular basis (those were my favorites I won't lie).  When they all moved on to new places of residence inevitably some things got left behind.  In the kitchen.  Especially in the fridge and freezer.  So as time has gone on more and more things have been living in my freezer, and the fridge too, but mostly the freezer.
Hana (the current roommate) has found a new place of residence starting April 1.  As soon as she told us she had a final move out date I started the purge process.  Finally I can see everything we have in the fridge and freezer.  Finally I know exactly what is living in my kitchen and who it belongs to.  You may wonder why it took so long for this to happen, and I do too.  But now that its started I'm really excited to start to purge through the other rooms in the house.  Maybe Hana can use some of it in her new place, most of it will likely get sold in the neighborhood garage sale this year.

I have started looking for new furniture as well, we will (for the first time EVER) have use of both floors in our house and as a result will need some new couches for one of the living rooms.  My only requirement is that we have a sleeper sofa.  My favorite memories as a kid were sleepovers in the living room on the pullout couch and I'm excited to have sleepovers as a grown up in my own living room.  (Totally aware I'm a dork, and totally 100% OK with it).
I'm done for now, but expect more coming about how the house is shaping up this spring and all the fun changes!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those do sound like exciting changes! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete