Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

So close.....

My dad is a rockstar.  He knocked out 90% of what was left to do on my house last night.  He worked all day Tuesday, then went to his second job and worked till Midnight.  Got up on Wednesday and worked all day, then came over to my house and worked from 7-11:15pm on the floors.  Today he will go to work, go to his second job till midnight, Friday will work all day and then promised to come back and try to finish so the house is done by Saturday morning.  Rockstar
I have not been able to get my iPhone to connect to Snapfish to upload the pictures of the house, I'm so sad there are many things completed that I want to show off!
Yesterday we accomplished:
Entryway was 90% completed, Spencer is going today to get more trim pieces so we can finish it off on Friday evening. 
Spencer installed 2 new curtain rods and re-hung the curtains in the living room and dining room. 
Spencer also installed the shelves his dad built us beside the fireplace.  I cannot even begin to describe what a difference having those shelves makes. 
We ran to Michael's last night and bought some baskets to put on the shelves to help organize our DVDs.
Spencer put his WC Fields statue on top of the shelves, which to me looks a little creepy but he worked so hard yesterday and was so excited about him going up there that we will leave it (for now). 
My mom and I put down the foil/candles in the fireplace I wanted and got the tea light screen to put in front for some added sparkle.
We swapped out the things we had on the mantle and used some new candle holders (well new to the mantle, we bought them for our wedding last year).
We got the table saw out of the dining room!
Got out the glassware that I will display in the hutch in the dining room.
Brought over a rug to use for this weekend in the dining room.
Tonight the plan is:
Get the house ready for the cleaning people to come tomorrow (words cannot describe my excitement)
Get the scrap wood/tools down to the basement
Set up the dining room for Saturday
Clean off the top of the fridge so it doesn't look cluttered
Clean off the table in the kitchen for the same reason
Buy one more basket for the shelves at Michael's
Maybe, just maybe, relax a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment