Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Deep Breath. and again.

**WARNING** Ranting and childishness below:

I have been so excited to have the house done in time for Megan's bridal shower.  SO. EXCITED.  I knew we would come right down to the wire, because my dad is involved in the project and that's just how life goes.  This weekend I was getting a little nervous because of my dad's work schedule and not having a lot of time to dedicate to my house.  Then I got good news (for me), my FIL didn't have a lot of work for his cabinet shop (bad news for him) and would be able to come up and help.  Awesome, we are saved.  With both FIL and dad working for a  little bit then we stood a good shot of getting it all done in time. 
Found out last night that FIL may not come up to help.  I couldn't help it I just started to cry.  Poor Spencer, he just kinda sat there and rubbed my back.  I felt like such a baby, and I know its silly, but I was just so incredibly happy that our house was coming together, and the thought that it really might not, and that I'm having 20 people over in a few days who will all see it torn apart and not put back together makes me really sad, and a little embarrassed.

This is the first time since we've lived in the house that I really like how it looks.  We have cleaned out a lot of the junk stuff that we collected over the years and the main part of the house has this very pulled together, warm cozy look going for it.  The entry way is still plywood.  Not a pretty first impression of the house at all. 

Now onto positive thinking, I've seen my dad get a lot done in a short amount of time, tonight could very well be one of those nights and everything could come together wonderfully.  We have tonight and tomorrow night (dad works his second job so all wood install needs to happen tonight), the cleaning people come Friday morning and then the shower is on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment