Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Excitement

Last night was a busy night at the Hilt house!  We sanded down the rough spots on the deck to prepare for the staining project starting today.  My dad came by to measure for the trim pieces we need to finish the floor (I hope to have additional pictures to show off after this weekend of my pretty house), and proceeded to tell poor Spencer that he bought all the wrong things to use on the deck.  Lucky for me Spencer is about the most laid back guy ever and didn't get upset by the tone of voice my dad used to convey this info.  I however got a little bit hot under the collar, (Spence and I had talked while he was at Home Depot and I heard the paint guy in the back ground telling him to buy the things he came home with!).  Oh well, no harm no foul, my dad took the things we (erroneously) bought and exchanged them for the correct (in his opinion) things we needed.  I checked out of the convo when Spence shot me  look that said "this is not worth being upset over" and let him and my dad discuss what he was going to go get instead. 
After we sanded down the rough spots we decided to just see what a little area of the railing looked like with the stain on it....I was really happy with the outcome and think it will look great on the deck today!
Behr is having a great sale on paint at the Home Depot until Monday, and we got a mail in rebate, woo hoo
My mom also came over (I told you we were busy) and helped us out by painting some of the baseboards that will need to go down before we can call the project "done". She also dropped off the finished product of 2 of the pillows she covered for me.  If you remember in one of my first blog posts I had some pictures of fabrics that we were going to cover for pillows to use in the living room.  Here are the 2 floor pillows she is done with now.....

The best news though is that there is enough leftover fabric from the pillows that I can recover the dining room chairs!  I really like the fabric and its really sturdy (its upholstery fabric).  There isn't enough of either to do all 6 chairs, so I'm debating on either picking one and then going back to Hobby Lobby to buy an extra half yard of fabric to finish OR doing 3 chairs in each color.....time will tell.

As if that weren't enough excitement in our night Spencer's best friend Josh and his fiancee Katie just closed on their first home yesterday.  We called and they invited us over for a look around, so at about 8pm, armed with flowers and a few bottles of champagne we went over to congratulate the homeowners!  We stayed over there for a few hours, its been ages since we all got to hang out.  As a result of the late night, though, I am dragging today! 
Just a few more hours at work (like 7) and then home to stain the deck with my mom and relax afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment