Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Trying to workout.....

So I finally got the go ahead to start working out again.  I've basically been sidelined since starting IVF due to potential complications etc.  So its been a solid 6 months of no major activity, coupled with the exhaustion of the first trimester and finally adding in that this kid DOES NOT like anything but pizza (and no food before noon) and reacts to fruits/veggies like I'm trying to commit filicide my nutrition has been less than on point and we have the perfect situation for awesome workouts......or the exact opposite of that. 

Last week Spence and I met with a new trainer at Lifetime (our old trainer doesn't work there anymore, but we had sessions built up we wanted to use before we start working out with our old trainer at his new place) and went over goals, got to know each other etc.  I told the trainer my main goal is to get strong so labor isn't as bad as it might be otherwise, and to tone my upper body so that my arms look good in photos, because vanity.  I outlined that I had no illusions of losing weight or getting smaller until this whole "growing a person" thing is done, but I'd like to get stronger and try to tone up as much as I can.  It's good to have goals right? 

First workout I decided that I really needed to try and be healthy so I had a green smoothie with protein powder.  Please see above paragraph about how this baby feels about fruits/veg.  So I got through 1 set of exercises (chest presses and flys) and we moved over to squats and lunges.....where I got through 1 set of squats and 2 lunges --2 individual lunges not 2 sets just to be clear-- and then I almost died.  No, not literally, but I wanted to.  The nausea got way worse and I got super light headed, it took almost everything in me to not just lay down on the (gross) floor of the gym and take a nap.  I went home and immediately went back to bed and didn't move much for the rest of the day. 

Fast forward to today, Travis (new trainer) revamped the middle of the workout (the part where I almost died) to include more "sitting exercises" as I like to call them and emailed me a copy of it so I could do it on my own.  Spence had his first session with Travis today so I went up there as well to see how much I could get done before dying.  TURNS OUT that eating a slice of pizza instead of a super healthy smoothie with protein before a weights workout is an excellent idea if you're me and 10 weeks pregnant.  I got through the whole workout, sans puking or wanting to die, and did some cardio afterwards while I was waiting for Spence to be done (my workout is way shorter than his due to the exhaustion, inactivity for 6 mos etc.). 

No comments:

Post a Comment