Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dinner

I like to think of myself as a decent cook.  There are several recipes I used to lure Spencer in when we first met, that his former roommates still request when they come over for dinner.  I get nervous when I try to cook something unfamiliar to me though.  I can improvise on things that are familiar to me, pastas, Mexican food etc.  Well I got the hankering (really that was the word I chose?) to try and make something totally outside my comfort zone this week.  I searched Allrecipes.com and settled on Jambalaya.  Kind of random really, and a risk considering I married one of the pickiest eaters alive.  Well I found, of all things, a slow cooker jambalaya recipe!  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Colleens-Slow-Cooker-Jambalaya/Detail.aspx

Sign me up, I love my slow cooker.  LOVE it.  I am all for any appliance that lets me throw things together, forget about it for 8 hours and not ruin dinner.  Spencer looked at me like I was a little crazy because I got so excited when someone got it for us off our wedding registry. 

  I prepped everything last night and put it together, Spencer was off work today and he put it on at about 11am today.  I got home from work tonight and was really excited that the house smelled so great! 
Spencer and I both agreed that this is a keeper recipe for our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment