Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

My Reunion

So two weekends ago my graduating class and I hit a milestone, we had our 10 year reunion.  Now, 5 years before this we had a 5 year reunion as well.  That night consisted of a pot luck in Shawnee Mission Park and then a trip to a local bar.  5 year reunion, NBD, totally planned that one in like a week.
10 year, so not NBD.  Totally a big deal.  My friend Michelle (and if I'm being honest, mainly Michelle) were in charge of this blessed event.  The first task, tracking down our class.  For real, there were 33 of us, and we had to track people down.  2nd task, figuring out what the 33 graduating people were willing to pay for a reunion.  (Because its not gonna happen if no one will pony up the cash).  3rd-zillion tasks were getting all the little details figured out that neither Michelle or I had dealt with since planning our weddings!











By the day of both Michelle and I were vowing that (1) we would never do this again and (2) that a 15 year reunion would NOT occur.  By the end of the night though it was all (at least I think) worth it.  We watched a bunch of videos from our senior year, marveled at how incredibly young we all look and got to catch up with some people we hadn't seen in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment